Save and access your files from anywhere
Your work is stored securely and safer from disk failure, loss or theft when saved to the Kent network instead of your own device.
How much file space you have
- Students: 2GB.
- Staff: 100GB, with up to 5TB available in departmental folders.
Access your files from your laptop/PC/Mac
Set up access to your files (map a drive) from on or off campus.
Access files from a student PC or staff PC
- Student PC: save to the Z drive or Documents folder.Click Start, Computer and click the Z: folder: its name contains your username.
- Staff PC: click Start, Computer and save to your Z drive or departmental drive under network locations. Don't use the Documents folder, this is on the hard drive and not on the network. Apply for access to folders/resources
Back up your work
Have at least 2 copies in different places. Save work to your folder on the Kent network as well as either a USB stick, external hard drive, or online service like Dropbox, Skydrive or Google Drive:
- If it contains personal data or sensitive personal data you must save in a location where it is password protected.
- If you use portable devices, make sure you save a copy on the Kent network too.
- Don't lose work opened from email attachments: click Save As and choose a location you'll be able to find again
- Files deleted from the Kent network can't be retrieved from the recycle bin - so only delete files you are sure you will not need again!