Manage your Kent IT Account
- Change your password now, then update your phone/tablet/laptop WiFi and email settings if needed.
- Reset your password if you've forgotten it
- Ask for your username if you've forgotten it
- Activate your new Kent IT Account
- Staff: if you don't have an account yet, ask your manager whether they have applied for your staff account.
Library borrower members
Check your password
Are you entering your password correctly? Is the CAPS LOCK key is on or off? Does your keyboard enter the expected characters if you type text into a document? Password problems for External Examiners.
Check your username format
If your Kent IT Account username was abc1 you would enter your details as:
|To access...||Login with this format|
Replace abc1 with your Kent IT Account username.
Other possible causes:
If none of the advice above works, contact us explaining the steps you have tried.
About your IT Account
Your Kent IT Account provides access to key services like email:
Has your Account been disabled/deleted incorrectly?
If you think your Account has been disabled/deleted incorrectly:
- Students: contact Student Records
Staff: do you get asked to log in frequently when on campus?
From Internet Explorer click Tools, Internet Options, Security, Local Intranet, Sites, Advanced. Now add these as trusted local sites:
You should now get asked to log in less often (caveat: this works for the majority of staff PCs; those using the UKC domain).
By using your IT Account, you are agreeing to abide by these Regulations.