Manage your Kent IT Account
Change your password
- Change your password now, then update your phone/tablet/laptop Wi-Fi and email settings if needed.
- Contact us if you only have a Library borrower account
Forgot your password? Reset it
- Students/staff or alumni: reset your password
Forgot your username?
Activate your new IT Account
- You need to activate your Kent IT Account before you can use it: only do this if you're new and have not set your password yet.
- If you are still applying for a place at Kent report login issues in KentVision
Getting an account for new or temporary staff
- How new staff get an account set up for them
- Request an IT account for temporary staff, visitors, contractors etc
Check your password
Are you entering your password correctly? Is the CAPS LOCK key is on or off? Does your keyboard enter the expected characters if you type text into a document? Password problems for External Examiners.
Check your username format
If your Kent IT Account username was abc1 you would enter your details as:
|To access...||Login with this format|
Replace abc1 with your Kent IT Account username.
Other possible causes
- Is your account temporarily locked?
- Check IT service status in case there's a campus wide problem
- Your password might have expired - change your password to reactivate your account
- Forgotten your password? Reset your password
If none of the advice above works, contact us explaining the steps you have tried.
About your IT Account
Your Kent IT Account provides access to key services like email:
Has your Account been disabled/deleted incorrectly?
If you think your Account has been disabled/deleted incorrectly:
- Students: contact Central Student Administration
Staff: do you get asked to log in frequently when on campus?
From Internet Explorer click Tools, Internet Options, Security, Local Intranet, Sites, Advanced. Now add these as trusted local sites:
You should now get asked to log in less often (caveat: this works for the majority of staff PCs; those using the UKC domain).
By using your IT Account, you are agreeing to abide by these Regulations.