Manage your Kent IT Account
Change your password
If you can't log in to something, changing your password might restore your access:
- Change your password now, then:
- update your WiFi account settings on your phone/tablet/laptop
- update your email settings if you use email on your phone.
Some devices will keep trying the old password otherwise, which locks your Account.
Forgotten username or password
- Staff: contact us.
- Templeman Library borrower membership: request a new password
Getting a username
- Students: if you have already claimed your Account you can find out your username via the Password Reset form.
- Staff: if you don't have an Account yet, ask your manager whether they have applied for your Account.
Check your password
Are you entering your password correctly? Is the CAPS LOCK key is on or off? Does your keyboard enter the expected characters if you type text into a document? Password problems for External Examiners.
Check your username format
If your Kent IT Account username was abc1 you would enter your details as:
|To access...||Login with this format|
Replace abc1 with your Kent IT Account username.
Other possible causes:
If none of the advice above works, contact us for help, explaining the steps you have tried.
About your IT Account
Your Kent IT Account provides access to key services like email:
Has your Account been disabled/deleted incorrectly?
If you think your Account has been disabled/deleted incorrectly:
- Students: contact Student Records
Staff: do you get asked to log in frequently when on campus?
If you get asked to login often using a staff PC where you entered UKC as the domain when you logged into it, then adding the following local trusted sites in Internet Explorer can help.
Add the web address as a trusted local website:
Open Internet Explorer and click Tools, Internet Options, Security, Local Intranet (choose Local Intranet and NOT Trusted Sites from the dialog box when prompted), Sites, Advanced then add the following addresses as trusted local sites:
By using your IT Account, you are agreeing to abide by these Regulations.