Documents to bring

If you find that your query is not addressed or if you have any specific questions, please email

Photographic ID

UK students
UK passport 

EU/EEA students (excluding the UK)
EU/EEA passport or national identity card (all sides required)

International students
International passport. You'll also need your immigration permission/visa documents*, academic certificates, marksheets and transcripts.

*If you are applying for a Student visa and have submitted your visa application but not yet had a decision, you are required to provide a copy of your ‘Document Checklist’ or ‘Submitted Application’ as proof of pending application which you can download as a PDF document from your visa application portal. Whilst you can complete enrolment with the above, you will not be registered until you have actually arrived in the UK and provide the required evidence.

Have you previously been issued with immigration permission for the UK? 

If so we will require one of the following documents (this is not an exhaustive list):

  • the current UK visa in your passport
  • current Biometric Residence Permit (both sides required)
  • Immigration Status Document
  • Home Office documents
  • EU Student digital visa or Pre-settled/Settled Status share code (guidance in Arrivals 2023 on the Student Immigration website).

We will be unable to register you if you cannot provide the required identification to pass the Right to Study check. You will not be issued your KentOne card or classed as a student until this is complete. A passport will be required as official ID when opening a bank account, applying for work or verifying your age. The University therefore encourages all students to obtain a passport. If you do not have a passport, please contact us prior to your arrival at

Other documents you'll need

UK/EU students

  1. University or College Payment Advice letter from Student Finance England (if relevant). This may need to be scanned by the Finance team to ensure any maintenance loan payments are paid on time. 
  2. Proof of qualifications (if required)
  3. Visa documentation (if relevant). This must be a scan or photograph; a clear image and in colour. You may be required to provide a share code for us to verify your digital status.

Non-EU students

  1. Your UKVI visa decision letter (physical document or printout of full decision email)
  2. Health certificates – TB certificate/health insurance certificate (if applicable)
  3. Proof of your finances (including scholarship/sponsorship letters)
  4. Copy of your Confirmation of Acceptance for Study (CAS) email
  5. Proof of qualifications – original documents (if required).

Canterbury students
You'll need your Unloading Permit to enable you to unload your belongings close to your accommodation

You'll need your Accommodation Arrival Pass. You'll need to show this to the receptionist before you can get into your room.  

Last updated