The Undergraduate stage 1, 2+ and Postgraduate Taught Subject Requirements are produced annually prior to the relevant module registration period.
The information contained herein is correct at the time of publication. Please note, however, that if a module recruits fewer than 8 students it is possible that it will not run. In this event, you will be contacted and asked to select an alternative module. The University cannot guarantee whether all options will be available, or how they will be delivered, if Government covid restrictions are reinstated.
It is very important that you read this information before you decide which modules you want to take.
- Full time Undergraduate students must study 120 Credits at each stage.
- At least 90 Credits must be taken at Level 6 during Stage 3 (or Stage 4 in 4 stage programmes) to be eligible for an Undergraduate Honours degree.
- Students are expected to register for 60 Credits in each term unless explicitly stated otherwise.
- If a module is available at both Levels 5 and 6, then Stage 2 students should take the Level 5 and Stage 3 the Level 6. Students cannot take both versions of the same module.
- Undergraduate Joint honours students must have a minimum of 90 credits in each subject across stages 2 and 3.
- Modules may be subject to entry requirements or prerequisites. Please refer to the online Module Catalogue for full details of all modules.
- Please note that module entry may be subject to random allocation. Modules may be cancelled in the event of low recruitment.
- Full details of each programme can be found on the programme specification.
- It is ultimately your responsibility to ensure that you are registered for the correct modules for your programme.
- Once timetables are released at the start of term, it is your responsibility to check your timetable to ensure your modules DO NOT clash.
Canterbury and Paris campus
Please visit our Canterbury and Paris campus Subject Requirements page.
Students studying at our Paris campus should look at the Postgraduate Subject Requirements in the School of English and School of Arts within the Division of Arts and Humanities.
Please visit our Medway campus Subject Requirements page.