Vacations and borrowing
During vacations, borrowing continues as in term time so that books remain accessible to everyone who needs them. A lot of students and staff use the Library during vacations to prepare for exams, work on theses or dissertations, or carry out research.
Items you have on loan can be reserved at short notice, so make sure you're ready to return them. Fines for overdue items are £2 per day!
Your vacation borrowing checklist
Before you go:
- return any books you don’t need
- check LibrarySearch to see if there’s an e-book version of any book you need, so you don’t have to borrow it
While you’re away:
- books will automatically renew, unless they’re reserved
- check your student email and Library account, in case someone reserves a book on loan to you
- return books when someone reserves them
- books can be reserved at short notice and the fine for overdue items is £2 per day
- if you can’t return a book in person, you can send it to us by post - make sure you get proof of posting.
The address is:
University of Kent
Get in touch
If you can’t get a book back in time, get in touch as soon as possible:
- 01227 824999