- You can now spend a whole year in Paris studying some of our MA programmes. Please see the 'Study in Paris' tab below
- Top 10 REF result for the School of English
To apply for any of our MA or PhD programmes, please select the relevant degree title within the tabs and click the 'Apply' button. Fee information can also be found on the individual programme pages.
The following information relates to postgraduate funding opportunities within the School of English at both Doctoral and at MA level. Please note that the deadlines vary for the different awards.
Please don't hesitate to email with any queries: email@example.com
PhD scholarships: CHASE (AHRC) 2018/19
The University of Kent is proud to be part of the Consortium for the Humanities and the Arts South-East England (CHASE) which was awarded a £17million Doctoral Training Partnership by the Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) in October 2013.
CHASE will offer students a wide range of exciting opportunities to gain professional experience, work across institutions and disciplines, and acquire advanced research skills. Further information is available from the CHASE Website.
For more details about applying for the scholarship please see the Scholarships website.
Deadline for applications: 10 January 2018
PhD scholarships: University 2018/19
The Vice Chancellor's Research Scholarships
Kent has established 100 doctoral scholarships to be awarded annually. Successful candidates will demonstrate academic excellence and outstanding research potential. For more information please visit the Scholarships websites.
The deadline by which all eligible research doctoral applicants are guaranteed consideration for funding is 19 January 2018.
For full GTA terms and conditions see the main University scholarship website.
School of English MA scholarships 2018/19
Successful applicants for any School of English taught MA programme in the 2018/19 academic year will be automatically considered for the following scholarships:
- School of English MA Scholarships, to cover fees at Home/EU rate with an additional maintenance bursary of £1500
- One School of English Fully-Funded MA Scholarship, to cover fees at Home/EU rate plus an additional stipend at the standard AHRC rate (2018/19 amount to be announced shortly, the 2017/18 rate was £14,553)
- One international scholarship (to cover fees at the international rate)
- One fee-waiver scholarship for part-time students
- The Ian Gregor Scholarship, which pays home fees and a £500 bursary for one year’s full-time study
- Sasha Roberts Scholarship, an award of £2,000
PLEASE NOTE: The purpose of the scholarships is to award candidates with the strongest academic records. The School of English reserves the right to distribute the scholarships amongst candidates in any way that honours that commitment. The University of Kent reserves the right not to allocate the awards if the selection panel identifies no suitable candidates.
All students wishing to be considered for any of the above scholarships must have applied to their MA programme of choice by Friday 23rd March 2018. Interviews for the scholarships will take place in early April 2018. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview shortly after the scholarship deadline.
Other MA funding
- The University of Kent, Paris Taught MA Scholarship for applicants who have been offered a place on any of the Kent Paris MA programmes.
- Studentships for students studying their MA with the Centre for Medieval and Early Modern Studies (MEMS).
- The Templeman Scholarship (for Kent graduates).
- International Scholarships for Taught Masters Students.
- For a full list of University postgraduate scholarships please click here.