- 1,000 en-suite bedrooms
- Five to eight students per flat
- Shared spacious fully-fitted kitchen
- On-site laundry and social spaces
- 39 week contract: £130 p/w (£5,070 total). 51 week contract: £119 p/w (£6,069 total)
Modern self-catered accommodation
Housed with fellow Kent students in flats of 5-8, Pier Quays provides great value en-suite accommodation which is convenient, safe and well located.
All Pier Quays rooms include a number of benefits:
- Private shower room/toilet
- Free sports membership (when booked through Kent)
- Furniture (4ft double bed, wardrobe, desk and chair, noticeboard and lots of storage space)
- No utility bill costs (Wi-Fi, heating, water, electricity)
- Included personal possessions insurance.
- Access to a full kitchen shared with your flatmates, which includes an oven and grill, hob, microwave, fridge-freezer and storage space.
On-site, there are lots of useful facilities ranging from a reception, social and study spaces, a launderette, security and maintenance team coverage, cycle storage, a Tesco Express store, Subway's and Domino's Pizza.
Pier Quays, is owned and managed by Unite Students, and is only a 10 minute walk from the Medway campus. Nearby, is also a large supermarket, the Dockside Shopping Outlet which has a number of shops and restaurants, and a popular walking/cycle path along the River Medway.
The annual price for a single classic en-suite room for 39 weeks at Pier Quays is £5,070 (weekly equivalent £130) or £6,069 (weekly equivalent of £119) for a 51 week contract for 2021/22.
The cost of accommodation includes sport membership, utility bills, internet connectivity, and personal contents insurance when you apply through the University's MyAccommodation portal.
When accepting a room offer you will need to pay an Advanced Rent Payment of £250. This amount is then deducted from your first rent instalment when it is due. You can also choose to pay in full if preferred.
Applying for accommodation
Accommodation is available from September to June on a 39-week contract for students that includes the winter and spring vacations. Postgraduate students can also opt for a 51 week contract covering September to September.
Why book directly through the University of Kent?
- Exclusive savings: All well as enjoying all the same great facilities, if you book your room directly through the University's MyAccommodation Portal we'll include your choice of a free Kent Sport Premium Plus membership or Medway Park Premier sport membership with your accommodation which can cost up to £479 when purchased separately!
- We listen: Following student feedback for the 2021/22 academic year we reduced the rent rate to be more competitive to the local area meaning you can apply for an en-suite room for just £119 a week for a 51 week contract or £130 a week for a 39-week contract.
Returning student accommodation
You can enjoy the benefits of Pier Quays again and again with our returning student accommodation offer and have peace of mind that your accommodation is ready for next year. As a returning student, you:
- Can apply with your friends to live together
- Receive free Premier sports membership for Medway Park or Kent Sport Premium Plus membership (exclusive offer to Kent MyAccommodation applications)
- Will receive priority placement for phase 2 en-suite rooms (subject to availability)
- Are guaranteed an offer when applying before 31 July
- Again enjoy no deposit, utility bills and included Wi-Fi
- Pick which contract length suits you with 39 weeks (September to June) and 51 weeks (September to September) available
Second, third and fourth year students should book directly through the University of Kent from Thursday 28 January 2021 onwards.
Please note, when accepting your accommodation offer you will need to make a £250 advanced rent payment. This will then be deducted from your first accommodation payment at the start of term and is non-refundable if you cancel your agreement after seven days of accepting.
Our Pier Quays accommodation is also available for postgraduate students. As well as the standard 39 week contract (equivalent to £130 a week), postgraduate students also have the choice to opt for a 51 week contract (equivalent to £119 a week) which also includes the summer term.
The cost of accommodation includes sports membership (worth up to £479), utility bills, Wi-Fi, and personal possessions insurance when booked through the University of Kent.
Pier Quays has a number of accessible studio rooms available for students with disabilities and/or complex personal care needs. We recommend arranging a visit to Pier Quays via the University's Student Support and Wellbeing service once you are sure that you will be attending a course at Medway to help identify and accommodate individual living needs.
Come and see us
Medway School of Pharmacy (MSOP) Students
Students pursuing a degree at the Medway School of Pharmacy have the choice of living either in student accommodation provided by the University of Kent at Pier Quays or halls of residence provided by the University of Greenwich. Information about the accommodation available and how to apply can be found at each university's website (addresses provided below).
Please note that students must only apply for either University of Kent at Medway halls OR University of Greenwich at Medway halls - not both. If students cannot be offered a room in their preferred hall, they will automatically be referred to the other university to be offered a room in their accommodation (subject to availability).
Accommodation at the University of Kent Medway campus, Pier Quays, is provided by a private accommodation partner - Unite Students. The contact details you provide when applying for accommodation will be shared with Unite Students so they can offer you accommodation at Pier Quays and contact you subsequently about any matters relating to staying in the accommodation. Your accommodation contract will be with Unite Students and payment for the accommodation is made directly to them rather than the University of Kent.
For further information or questions on data protection, please refer to the University of Kent Information Compliance website.