Student room bookings

Who can book a room?

Bookings can only be made if the event relates to your course or a society event. 

For bookings related to your coursecontact your Division who can make the booking on your behalf. If you need a specific room, the contact can be found under who do I contact to book a room.

Only authorised members are allowed to book rooms for their society. If the authorised members change or the President requires additional people to be able to book rooms, please contact Kent Union, who will be able to grant this permission.   

Societies can only book centrally timetabled rooms one term at a time - bookings for the Spring and Summer terms can be made from the final two weeks of the preceding term. Due to high demand for Eliot Hall and other large flat floor spaces, these will be allocated, subject to application at the appropriate time, by Kent Union.

If you breach the terms and conditions

Any breach of the terms and conditions, found in the room booking process document below, or other information on this webpage will result in the cancellation of all existing bookings by that student and/or society, and they will not be able to book any rooms from any of the below departments for the remainder of the academic year.

Important information

Please provide at least one weeks' notice between your request and the date of the event. Any requests made less than one week in advance can not be guaranteed to be accommodated.

As the student or society booking the room, you are responsible for the event and ensuring that all of the terms and conditions, listed below, of the room booking are met. There may be penalties if you do not adhere to the below terms and conditions.

You must declare the intended use of the room at the time of the booking. Any changes to this must be notified to the office through which you booked in advance of the event.  

What is the process to book a room?

1. Read the below room booking process document, which includes information on:

  • Terms and conditions
  • Obtaining a licence (if required)
  • Receiving external speaker approval (if required)
  • Fire safety regulations

2. Book the room (see below for who to contact)

3. Publicise the event: Do not publicise it until after the booking is confirmed.

Who do I contact to book a room?

Use the Timetabling Office's room booking form (term time bookings) or contact the Conference Office (vacation time bookings) for the following rooms:

Please note that the room booking form is not open for requests during the Summer term.

If the room you require is not listed above and you need a specific room please use the below table. If you do not need a specific room, contact your Division who can make the booking on your behalf.

How do I cancel a room booking?

If an allocated room is not being used or if you need to cancel your booking, please inform the Timetabling Office or the team with whom you made your booking at the earliest opportunity.

Who can I contact if the room needs repairs or improvements?

Faulty audio visual equipment

Contact Audio Visual Services:

Building, facilities or broken equipment issues

Contact Estates Customer Services:

Last updated