Student Support & Wellbeing

Applying for funding

If you have a disability, specific learning difficulty, or other additional needs such as a long term medical condition, you may be eligible for the Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA).

Student Finance England are responsible for assessing whether you are eligible for DSA, and how much you will receive.

If agreed, your DSA can fund the support required to enable you to better access your course, as a direct result of your additional needs. The allowance might help with the costs of specialist equipment, non-medical helpers, specialist tuition, mentoring and other costs as recommended.



You should send completed forms and evidence to Student Finance England, PO Box 210, Darlington, DL1 9HJ

It is recommended that you apply for this allowance as soon as possible. This will help to ensure the support you require can be funded at the commencement of your course. Further information and the DSA application form can be found at here.

You can apply through us by booking an appointment to discuss your requirements. We can help you with any queries that you may have, complete the DSA form with you and send it to Student Finance England. Please contact us to book an appointment..

Or if you prefer, you can apply yourself at Student Finance England where you can access information and download the DSA application forms or telephone them on 0845 300 5090 (textphone 0845 604 4434) for an application form.

Students can apply for Disabled Students' Allowances now ... please see the Student Finance website for details

back to top

Student Support - © University of Kent

The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T: +44 (0)1227 823158, (0)1634 888969

Last Updated: 11/12/2017