Theses and dissertations
UK and international theses
This page provides information about identifying and accessing theses completed in the UK and worldwide. For theses completed at Kent, visit the University of Kent theses and dissertations tab.
- EThOS: many UK theses are now available to download or order free of charge on the British Library EThOS site (registration required).
If the thesis you need is not available on EThOS or shows a £40 charge, please make a document delivery request. Your school or department may fund access to the thesis - see the 'How it works' section on the document delivery page for more information
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global: collection of dissertations and theses from around the world, spanning from 1743 to the present, offering full text for graduate works added since 1997, with selected full text for works written prior to 1997
- Includes: Index to Theses, which has details of all theses completed in the UK and Ireland since 1716
- List of ETD (electronic theses and dissertations) search tools on the Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations (NDLTD) website
Dissemination of theses
- Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations (NDLTD): an international organization dedicated to promoting the adoption, creation, use, dissemination and preservation of electronic analogues to traditional paper-based theses and dissertations. The NDLTD assists students and universities in using electronic publishing and digital libraries to more effectively share knowledge.