Sensitivity and commercial value
Sensitive or confidential information
This may be:
- information likely to pose a security threat
- information that could lead to the identification (and possible targeting) of individuals or communities
- information, data or statistics to which you've been given privileged access
- libellous content, or material which is likely to bring the University into disrepute, or incur liability.
This could apply if your findings have resulted in:
- a commercially applicable service or product
- a patentable idea or product.
What you should do
Take expert advice from your supervisor to help you decide if you need to:
- redact any content before you submit
- apply an embargo or restrict access permanently
- apply a Creative Commons NonCommercial, NoDerivatives licence, which allows others to download and share your work, but not to change it in any way or use it commercially. Find more advice about your copyright.