Recommended libraries in Paris
We recommend that you make full use of the resources available to you locally at libraries in Paris. Check their websites to see if you need to bring any identification to get access:
Libraries where you have borrowing rights
- Open access areas of the Bibliothèque Nationale de France
- Bibliothèque Centre Pompidou: has very useful collections; you are advised to visit in the morning, as this library gets very crowded later in the day
- Bibliothèque François Truffaut at Le Forum des Halles, Paris.
- Cinémathèque Française - Musée du Cinema, Paris: includes a library and research centre
- Terra Foundation Library of American Art: specialises in art from the 18th century to 1980