Welcome to the Student Learning Advisory Service (SLAS)
We specialise in the development and academic achievement of all students, from foundation to PhD.
We provide FREE one to one academic advice appointments, maths and stats clinics, online study guides and video tutorials,bespoke embedded study skills sessions and academic peer mentoring (APM) training.
Support for students:
- Bookable one to one appointments e.g. study and writing skills, maths and stats
- Online workshops
- Workshop materials
- Learning resources e.g. video tutorials, study guides, time planners and useful links etc.
- Support for Postgraduate students
- Support for Apprenticeships
- Support for European Centre Students
Partnership support with schools:
- Embedded workshops (Advantage Inititative) - booked by your course team and delivered as part of your course
- Value programme - supporting Stage 1 undergraduates to progress to the next stage of their degree
- Academic Peer Mentoring - receiving peer support; training to be a mentor; the peer mentor qualification (KE104)
#hellokent the weather's a bit blustery and wet today. However, that's ideal for joining us for our bitesize work… https://t.co/u7bXxkygIj
Posted about 8 hours ago
#hellokent What about that rain? Hope you didn't get caught out in it. Today's bitesize SLAS event is Time Managem… https://t.co/XfdJyf3S3N
Posted 1 day ago
#hellokent Sleep well? We have a bitesize online event for you today at 15.00 'Using Tutor Feedback'. Before you… https://t.co/4eWd8d13aJ
Posted 2 days ago