Study advice with Learning Advisers
We offer online and face-to-face appointments to support you with a wide range of topics, such as:
- Academic writing e.g. research, critical analysis, argument, academic language, structure, referencing
- Organisation and time management
- Reading and note-taking techniques
- Avoiding plagiarism and referencing
- Presentation skills (verbal and visual)
- Revision and exams techniques
- ...and much more
How to book
For in person or online appointments visit SLAS CONNECT
Writing advice (Royal Literary Fund Fellows)
RLF Writing Fellows are professional writers employed by the Royal Literary Fund to offer confidential, independent advice on written assignments to all University of Kent students. They can help with:
- Unpacking the question/topic
- Confidence building in writing
- Planning and structuring
- Use of language and clarity
- Grammar and punctuation
- Editing your own work
How to book
Adriana Hunter (Canterbury) - Wednesdays and Fridays.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment.
Laura Barnett (Canterbury) - Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Email email@example.com to arrange an appointment.
Clare Chambers - Mondays.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment.
Maths, financial maths & statistics
The Student Learning Advisory Service runs clinics offering comprehensive advice and guidance on maths, financial maths and statistics:
- Wednesdays from 1.00pm to 5.00pm
- Online appointments
- During Autumn and Spring Terms, with limited service during the Summer Term
How to book
To make an appointment for either clinic, please book online through SLAS CONNECT
Maths and Stats Resources
Maths resources - http://www.mathcentre.ac.uk/students/topics/
Stats resources - http://statstutor.ac.uk/topics/
Statistics Consultancy Helpdesk
This service is a partnership between the Student Learning Advisory Service and Kent Statistics staff who will respond to your questions and queries. They will be able to advise you about the planning of your project, and about how to analyse your data:
- For more information, please go to the Statistics Desk website
- To contact the Statistics Project Helpdesk, please send an email to email@example.com