AboutDr Ekaterini Panopoulou holds a BSc in Mathematics (University of Athens), an MSc in Banking and Financial Management (University of Piraeus) and a Ph.D. in Econometrics (University of Piraeus). She has been working in the area of Financial Econometrics and Forecasting since 2001 and has published over 30 papers and book chapter contributions. Her career includes working for the University of Piraeus, National University of Ireland Maynooth and the National Bank of Greece. She is one of the founding members of the Methods in International Finance Network (MIFN), a consortium of universities aiming at promoting research at the area of international finance.
Kent Business School
13:00 - 15:00 Tuesday Please email to request an appointment
Also view these in the Kent Academic Repository
Research InterestsDr Panopoulou's main research interests lie in the fields of Financial Econometrics, Time Series (Modelling and Forecasting), Financial Economics and International Finance. back to top
Dr Panopoulou teaches Financial Data Modelling and Investment and Portfolio Management.back to top
- Teng (Sherry) Zheng: Derivative Pricing and Hedging Under Model Uncertainty
- Christos Argyropoulos: Robust forecasting and backtesting of Value at risk (VaR) and Expected Shortfall (ES) risk measures
- Thorsten Riedle: An Analysis of Alternative Risk Measures
- Ming Luo: Learning from the Actuarial Science Modeling Methods to Improve Warranty Data Analysis
- Seyedmehdi Hosseini: Impact of economic crises on the relationship between stock market and selected macroeconomic variables: A comparative multi country analysis
- Ioannis Souropanis: Essays on Exchange Rate Forecasting
- Elmira Partovi: Impact of Non-performing Loans on Turkish Bank Efficiency: with Trans Distance Function
- Iason Kynigakis: Essays on Financial Econometrics and Forecasting
Dr Panopoulou's main research interests lie in the fields of Financial Econometrics, Time Series (Modelling and Forecasting), Financial Economics and International Finance.