Student PCs on campus
Student PCs run Windows 10 with Microsoft Office 2016. They also have accessiblity software like ClaroRead and MindPro, and a range of course-related software. Browse or search for programs in the Windows start menu.
Using student PCs
- Find a free student PC in Canterbury and Medway. Log in with your Kent IT Account
- Get started with Windows 10
- Save work: you can access your folders from on and off campus.
- Print: everything you need to know about using campus printers.
Take 5 minutes every 30 minutes to re-charge and re-energise your body and brain. It's important for your health and wellbeing, and usually helps ideas will flow more easily.
Lock the PC before leaving it - use Take a break
- Save your work.
- Click Take a break on the Desktop.
- Log back in within 20 minutes, or unsaved work is lost. The PC logs out.
PCs that are left logged in
Templeman Library student PCs will have Take a break turned on by staff if left unattended. You could lose work.
- The PC is locked for 20 minutes. Only you can unlock it.
- Others cannot use the PC in your name or access your content.
- After 20 minutes it logs you out so that others can log in.
- If you left unsaved work open, it will be lost.
Activate Take a break youself so we don't have to. If someone else uses the PC under your login, you will be held responsible for all activity on your account.
Do not leave belongings unattended
Items can be stolen by other students. Others around you may not notice as they are busy. Keep your stuff with you.
We will remove unattended items left in the Library for longer than 20 minutes
Borrow a laptop in the Library