Pre-sessional English Courses at Kent
- "This course has helped me learn the proper way of writing essays, including how to reference and generally improve my academic skills" ~ 5 week course student
- Our courses are accredited by BALEAP
- "This course is good preparation for postgraduate study. I have made good friends before starting my postgraduate course and I have met some great teachers" ~ 6 week course student
Why Study Pre-sessional?
- A chance to meet other students through a variety of organised social events (most events are free of charge)
- Accommodation offered for your main programme of study (if you apply for it before the end of July)
- Free Tier 4 visa application service delivered by Kent Union with assistance from CEWL
What our students say...
"The Centre for English and World Languages supports you in various ways even after you have finished the Pre-sessional course. They teach you to improve your English language, to prepare for daily life in the UK and the tutors are a great help when it comes to assignments and essays."
Mayuko Okada, Junior Year Abroad English Plus
"I enjoyed studying at the University of Kent because the staff were so warm and always ready to help us whenever we had any problems."
Pre-sessional English course now on MSc Management (International Business)
Two of our Pre-sessional students, Mayuko and Olcay, created this video to give a flavour of what it is like to study at the University of Kent.