Why choose Kent?
We offer faculty-led short courses and summer schools tailored directly to the needs of your students and staff.
On our short courses, your students and staff will enjoy studying at a globally recognised university either on the outskirts of the historic city of Canterbury, or on our vibrant Medway campus.
Enjoy our first-class study facilities and classroom tuition for your course. Or we can support your faculty in their teaching delivery.
Thanks to its global reputation for academic excellence and inspirational teaching, the University attracts a large number of international students to our diverse and welcoming community.
Your students will be a part of this community. They will make friends, practice their English skills and participate in cultural exchange with a social programme tailored for your course.
My experience at Kent was lovely. I had a lot of fun, tried so many new things and learned more about both my course content and myself.
Immerse your students in the rich histories of Canterbury and Medway, including the stunning cathedrals in Canterbury and Rochester. From historic castles to quaint seaside towns, we'll provide an exciting programme of cultural trips for your students.
Both Canterbury and Medway are less than an hour away from London by train. We can organise trips to the capital as part of your short course.
Contact us to discuss your short course requirements. We'd be happy to tailor a course specifically for your students and/or staff.
Why work with us?
- complete organisation of your trip, from airport arrival to departure
- an on-site co-ordinator to support you during your stay
- opportunities for your students to network with current Kent students on organised trips
- full flexibility on course content with access to staff from a wide range of subject areas
- a traditional experience of British culture as part of your course
- award-winning accommodation and catering to suit all budgets
My contacts have been genuinely impressed with the level of professionalism and organization that your group offers. Your systems are truly well thought out.
What will my short course involve?
In the past, we've offered courses such as:
- Actuarial Science
- Community Engagement
- English Language and British Culture
- English Language and Intercultural Communication
- Everyday English for Work and Business
- Forensic Science
- International Journalism
- Photography (faculty-led)
Plus, we provide activities that will immerse your students in the culture and history of the region. We can organise trips to:
- Canterbury or Rochester cathedral
- Dover, Rochester or Leeds castles
- Local beaches, including Whitstable, Margate and Folkestone
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Warner Bros. Tour
We will also organise a range of sports, social and cultural activities both on campus and nearby. These may include:
- quizzes and movie nights
- pub and cafe evenings
- sports events with other international students
Our courses are fully flexible and we can tailor them to include your specific requirements.
The cost of your short course will include:
- classroom tuition
- cultural activities and trips of your choice
- food and accommodation
- all resources and materials
- a welcome pack
- welcome and farewell events
- certificates of attendance
What previous students have said about our short courses
"Tutors and student ambassadors were friendly and approachable." -- Community Engagement Participant, Kyoto University of Foreign Studies, 2022
"All three language teachers were really outstanding. Expectations (which were high) were exceeded. Hope we can work with you again." -- Everyday English for Work and Business Participant, University of Lille, 2022