Bespoke and faculty-led summer schools for visiting institutions
Our team can work with you on designing a
bespoke summer school for your staff and/or students for blended, online or on campus delivery*. For courses run on campus, we organise all
aspects of your visit from arrival in the UK to campus life and regional
visits. We can provide taught sessions or welcome your Faculty to
deliver the teaching. Our aim is to ensure you and/or your students
enjoy our outstanding facilities and what south-east England has to
Why choose Kent?
The University of Kent attracts a large number of international students, thanks to its global reputation for academic excellence and inspirational teaching. Situated in the south-east of England, the University’s Canterbury campus is less than one hour away from London by high-speed train and only a 25-minute walk from Canterbury city centre. In the city, your students can explore the historic sites, including the world-famous Canterbury Cathedral, and enjoy the wide range of shops, cafés and restaurants.
What will the group do?
As agreed with the home institution, staff and/or students will engage in:
- daily classes in the chosen subject matter; this can include English language training if required
- cultural and educational visits, eg Canterbury and its Cathedral, Dover Castle, Leeds Castle, London, Whitstable, Windsor
- sports and social activities
- free time on set days to allow for additional visits or rest days.
Our courses are fully flexible and we can tailor them to include your specific requirements.
Your group stays in our student accommodation on campus, in shared houses or other residences. You can choose between private or shared bathrooms. We offer full-board, bed and breakfast or self-catering meal plans.
We work with you as the home institution to set a competitive overall cost for the entire package, charged as a single invoice covering all elements of the course including fees, accommodation, catering, internal travel and tickets.
Short courses in English language and culture
Bring your university or school students to the University of Kent for an introduction to life in the UK and an opportunity to practise their English language skills.*
Your students will stay in student accommodation on campus and participate in language classes and projects on UK culture. We provide social and sports activities, and may be able to organise trips, for example to enjoy the sights of London or explore historic Dover Castle.
Your students will benefit from opportunities to:
- activate and further develop their English language skills in speaking, listening, reading and writing
- consolidate their use of grammar
- extend their vocabulary range
- improve their pronunciation
- increase their confidence in the use of English by developing their communication skills
- develop intercultural awareness and an understanding of life in the UK.
These courses are flexible and can be tailored to your particular requirements. Please contact us for more information and to book a course.
English for visiting academics and school teachers
We provide online, blended and on-campus* courses for staff at other universities and schools who are seeking to develop their language and professional skills. This includes teachers of English language who would like to enhance their understanding of teaching methodology and classroom practice.
IWe can tailor a course to suit your needs; however, we are only able to accept applications for groups, and not from individuals.
For further details please contact us.
* Note that we can only offer our on-campus courses if we are permitted to do so under UK Government regulations and University of Kent advice relating to Covid-19.