What lists are you on?
Staff: ask your line manager and colleagues which mailing lists you should be on based on your role at Kent.
To see what Kent mailing lists you're already on log in with your Kent IT Account.
Subscribe and unsubscribe
To subscribe to a mailing list, log in and click Search for List(s). Search, and select the list you want, then click Subscribe in the left menu.
Some lists are mandatory so you can't be taken off. To unsubscribe from optional lists, email firstname.lastname@example.org in this format:
- keep the subject line blank.
- message text: UNSubscribe email@example.com - replace mailinglist with the name of the list you want to unsubscribe from.
Contact a list owner
To see who the owner is, go to http://lists.kent.ac.uk/sympa/info/list-name (replace list-name with the mailing list name) - you can see the Owners listed in the top left.
Post to a mailing list
- Your message might need to be approved by the list moderator.
- You can send attachments up to 5MB.
When ready to post to the list, send an email to the list name (ie, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Invite a mailing list to a meeting
To invite everyone on a list to an Outlook calendar appointment, add the mailing list email address as an attendee. Drawback: you can't see each person's availability.
Create a new mailing list
Staff can either:
- fill in a mailing list request form and we'll set it up for you
- or set it up yourself: go to the create a new mailing list page and log in
- all list names must contain a hyphen '-' and departmental lists should start with the department name, e.g. is- or kbs-
Student societies: request a student society mailbox and/or mailing list
JISCMail lists: create a JISCMail list
Managing your mailing list
Find out all the ways you can get in touch: