University’s Governance and charity information
The University of Kent was established by Royal Charter in 1965. It is an exempt charity subject to the provisions of the Charities Act 2011 (HMRC reference number XN5452). From 1st June 2010 the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) became the principal regulator for all higher education institutions (HEIs) in England which are exempt charities. All HEIs with exempt charity status are required to publish the following information on their websites:
- The legal name and the correspondence address of the institution (see below);
- The main constitutional documents in force currently;
- The names of the institution’s trustees (members of Council) and other relevant information;
- The full audited consolidated financial statements for 2009/2010 and each subsequent year so that from 2014/2015 onwards the statements for at least five years are available;
- The main constitutional documents in force between the 2009/2010 academic year and August 2015.
The University of Kent is an exempt charity in accordance with Schedule 2 of the Charities Act.
The University’s legal name and correspondence address is:
The University of Kent
Kent CT2 7NZ
Queries about the above should be sent to the Secretary of the Council (Dr Keith Lampard) at the above address.