Working with you
The University of Kent Apprenticeships team work in partnership with regional and national employers to develop apprenticeships tailored to their needs. The centre also has an important role to play within the University, supporting academic schools on all aspects of delivering apprenticeship training.
How we can help
There are many ways we can assist your organisation, from basic advice to fully managed apprenticeships. Following an initial discussion about your training needs, we can:
- explain apprenticeships in general terms and advise on specific standards
- if appropriate, advise on the development of new apprenticeship standards
- advise on the apprenticeship levy and/or government funding opportunities (including incentive payments)
- help devise a tailored programme of study that complements activity in the workplace
- advertise your vacancies on our website
- help with recruitment (shortlisting and interviewing including checking eligibility)
- provide support with contractual aspects including the apprenticeship agreement
- provide a managed apprenticeship from sign-up to competency monitoring, quarterly workplace visits and enrolment for end-assessment
University of Kent Staff
As an apprenticeship levy paying employer, the University of Kent has funding for apprenticeships available in its digital account. Funds may be used to develop new or existing staff, with Apprenticeship standards and frameworks available for them to undertake at all levels from intermediate to degree.
There are a variety of ways apprenticeships could benefit your team, including by creating apprentice positions, to enable employees to develop experience and competence, in the position you have created.
If you are a University of Kent employee and interested in appointing an apprentice or using Levy funds to train your staff please contact Talent and Organisational Development (01227 816568 / L.J.Izod@kent.ac.uk ).