Current research fellows:
Dr Chris Toseland
Dr Cheih Hsu
Dr Natali Fili
Organisations that offer fellowships:
- The BBSRC David Phillips fellowships scheme is intended for scientists who have demonstrated high potential during their research training and initial years of postdoctoral research.
- The British Heart Foundation fellowships aim to encourage research into causes, diagnosis, treatment and prevention of cardiovascular disease.
- EMBO long term fellowships are available to support prolonged international visits (for 4-24 months) and are intended for advanced training through research. Fellowships provide travel costs and a stipend for the fellow and family.
- EU Commission, Europa Research&Innovation aim to support the creation of European research teams in new and emerging areas of science. Top-class researchers with a history of participation in mobility schemes will be able to apply for funds to establish new teams in research areas where there is scope to explore new ground. Funding will be provided to cover the cost of the team leaders' salary, consumables and travel as well as that of up to 2 other postgraduate or PhD researchers.
- Human Frontier Science Programme aim to stimulate interdisciplinary research and promote international exchange of talented young scientists so that they may benefit from a a three yearperiod of research and training in another country.
- The Medical Research Council senior non-clinical fellowship offers 5 years (renewable, in open competition, for a further 5) support forfor non-clinical scientists who have already demonstrated exceptional ability as independent investigators. The Fellowship provides personal salary, research support staff, research consumables expenses and capital equipment appropriate for research project, and an annual travel allowance.
- The NERC research fellowship scheme aims to support a small number of outstanding environmental scientists to establish and develop a research career.
- The Royal Society offers UK-based funding for up to ten years for postdoctoral scientists.
- Wellcome Trust fellowships are tenable for up to 5 years in the first instance and are renewable for a further 5. The fellowships provide research expenses, including research assistance and technical support, and a salary on the Trust's own fellowship scales.
- The Leverhulme Trust
- Association for International Cancer Research - The Cancer Research Fellowships support outstanding young investigators who have shown special promise in their initial studies in cancer research, providing them with an opportunity to establish an independent research group.