Athena SWAN in the School of Biosciences
The University has joined, and committed to, the principles of the Athena Swan Charter. The Charter, which was launched in June 2005, aims to advance the representation of women in science, technology, engineering, medicine and mathematics (STEMM). Any university or research institution which is committed to the advancement and promotion of the careers of women in STEMM in higher education and research can apply for membership.
The School of Biosciences was awarded an Athena SWAN Bronze Award in November 2014.
Links to useful information
- Athena Swan website: http://www.ecu.ac.uk/equality-charters/athena-swan/
- All of the University's policies and procedures, including Family Friendly Policies, can be found on the HR website. The HR website also provides information on everything from induction and probation, to appraisal (RPD) and promotion.
- The University offers a range of learning and development opportunities, from mentoring to leadership training, and you can find out more on the Learning and Development website
- The Unit for the Enhancement of Learning and Teaching (UELT) provide a range of services for staff and students that promote a high quality learning experience at Kent. These include initial and continuing professional development of academic staff, curriculum and educational development including e-learning, quality management of learning and teaching and student advice and guidance for effective learning.
- Research Services provide a comprehensive framework of support for the University's research community, advising academics on funding, ethics and the REF. Take a look at the workshops, drop-in sessions, seminars and socials offered through the: Grants Factory Workshops; Grants Factory Writing Groups; Early Career Researcher Network.
- The new Health and Wellbeing site contains information on topics related to workplace wellbeing.
- There are a variety of Networks available to staff: The University of Kent Athena Swan web page highlights AS activities across the institution.