The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
STUDENT EXPERIENCE COMMITTEE
Chair: Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Professor Alex Hughes.
Chair of the Senior Tutors' Network
Director of Estates
Director of Commercial Services
Director of International Development
Director of Student Services
Head of UELT
Director of Information Services
Equality and Diversity Manager
Dean of the Graduate School
Senior Master, or Deputy
College Master for Medway
Kent Union Sabbatical Officers (President, Welfare, Education)
Two Heads of Schools
By invitation: Head of Disability and Dyslexia Support Service; Head of Counselling; Manager, Financial Aid Office; other colleagues, as appropriate.
Secretary: Dr Andrew MacGregor, Faculty Secretary, Sciences (A.N.MacGregor@kent.ac.uk).
Terms of Reference
- To promote strategic objectives, priorities and good practice relating to the overall University of Kent student experience.
- To promote strategic objectives, priorities and good practice relating to student support, ensuring that services are presented to all students in an integrated way and are of the highest quality within the resources available.
- To monitor the quality and effectiveness of the University’s student support services.
- To advise the University on the planning and development of University facilities for students.
- To receive reports from specific network groups listed below
- Recognising the diversity of the UoK student population, and the diverse requirements and expectations of the University’s student body, to keep under review the needs of particular groups of students (e.g. international, part-time, mature, short-term, disabled, ethnic minority and students with families) at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- To liaise with the Graduate School Board in developing specific plans for postgraduate students.
- To facilitate co-operation between the services to students provided by the University and those provided by Kent Union, the Medical Centre and the Chaplains.
- To consider ways of promoting equal opportunities and diversity in relation to all the above.
For further information on this committee please see the Sciences webpage at: