Our Skills & Employability courses
KE095 - Communicate with Confidence
Dates: Workshop Group 2: Tuesday 2 and 9 June (weeks 29 and 30)
Number of hours: 4 hours (2 x 2 hour sessions)
Employability Points: 10 points maximum (Based on 100% attendance)
By participating in this interactive workshop you will learn how to communicate clearly and confidently even when faced with challenging situations. Through group work and self-reflection activities we will cover how your preferred communication style impacts your relationship with others, how to speak so that others listen and how to really listen to others. We will practise various techniques to be able to have constructive conversations with others rather than avoiding them or having a confrontation.
This course will enable you to:
- recognise various communication styles and respond appropriately
- identify your own preferred communication style and its impact on others
- enhance your communication with others using effective listening skills
- give and receive feedback (compliments and criticisms) in a constructive manner
- communicate effectively with others instead of arguing with, or avoiding them
- deal confidently with other people’s expectations and demands (without feeling anxious or guilty)
One of the best things about how the course is structured is that every day was about reaching a clear, collective goal. This encouraged creative, relevant learning, teamwork, and was the biggest catalyst in course-mates getting to know each other.