Study Plus enhances your student experience through providing a chance to learn new skills alongside your degree. Study Plus courses are non credit bearing. You will be eligible for Employability Points.
- Study Plus is a key means of enhancing the Kent student experience through providing additional learning opportunities outside the confines of credit bearing modules or any specific degree discipline.
- It assists students in building key transferable skills alongside their main subject specialisms
- Undergraduate and postgraduate students at all stages are eligible for Study Plus.
- There may be homework, but this is not a required element for any course and should not overburden students, who have to prioritise their credit bearing studies
- When you attend our courses and workshops, your attendance data is shared with the Employability Points Scheme.
Benefits and incentives
Taking a Study Plus course allows you to:
- Get the most out of your time at the University of Kent and enhance your student experience
- Develop your employability skills and enhance your CV
- Earn Employability Points
You can earn Employability Points for taking part in co-curricular activities that boost your employment prospects. The points earned are based on your level of engagement and relevance to improving employability skills. Some activities have a range of points to allow for differing levels of commitment and achievement. By earning points you will have the opportunity to cash them in for exclusive rewards, including internships, project placements and work experience.
Study Plus can provide with you an opportunity to earn these valuable points while participating in the exciting courses we have to offer.
- The maximum number of points available for a Study Plus course is based on 100% attendance.
- The Employability Points scheme closes in March each year. If your Study Plus course starts or finishes later than this, your points will be awarded in the following year.
Sign up for a course
You will find Study Plus courses in Uni Kent Careers Hub under Events.
You need to book onto these sessions in order to attend and then we will send you further details, for example who the trainer is, how the session will be run - teams, or face to face etc.
You will need to give us your student ID number or login, so that we can identify you and sign you up.