Gain new skills to stand out when you graduate.
The need for well-rounded graduates from employers is increasing; in 2023 the demand for workers who can bring a range of skills to the table is larger than ever before. The opportunity is here for you to become that graduate as applications for Kent’s Year-In courses have opened.
The Year In courses give undergraduates students in Years 2 and 3 the opportunity to take an extra year in another course subject. This can be between your 2nd and 3rd year, or after your 3rd year is complete. Courses on offer for the 2023/24 academic year include:
- Year In Language (French, German, Italian, Spanish)
- Year in Management
- Year In Computing
- Year in Data Analytics
- Year in Journalism
- Year in Television with KMTV
If you take a Year-In, it will appear on your degree certificate, letting employers know what you are capable of.
What does a Year In give you?
A Year-In will help combine your existing knowledge and experience with practical skills and experiences valued by employers. The graduate labour market is competitive, and the Year-In could be the very thing that makes you the obvious choice for an employer. You’ll spend a year immersing yourself in a new subject, with courses designed for beginners, that will deliver engaging, high level learning opportunities.
Get an insight into each Year In subject
Watch the videos to find out more about each Year In involves:
- Journalism – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj7pQYhKaBM
- Television and Online Broadcasting – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66VB63ZmxGc
- Management – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFj5994FHhI
- Data Analytics – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoW8_C8X-zc
- Computing – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoLBJv9sqXE
- Languages – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCzMl-mPvkQ
When do I need to apply?
The deadline for Year In applications is Friday 12 May 2023 for final year students.
Got questions? Contact email@example.com for guidance