You can apply for a Partner Scholarship if you are a current or former* student:
- At a University of Kent Partner School or College**
- On the University Entrance Diploma programme at the University of Kent
You must also be a UK student and have applied to the University of Kent for an Undergraduate programme (2024 entry) which requires the payment of full fees.
When selecting students to nominate for a Partner Scholarship, school and college staff will use the following criteria. Successful students must demonstrate in their application that they:
- Have an interest in studying programmes offered by the University of Kent (i.e. the partner scholarship should not be the determining factor in choosing to study at the University of Kent).
- Ideally have visited the University and/or engaged in preparatory activity offered by the University (to ensure that they have some broad awareness of what to expect as a student at Kent).
- Have applied to the University through the UCAS school or college centre.
- Have made a sustained contribution to their school/college and/or their local community. (It is not a condition of the partner scholarship that, as undergraduates, students will return to their former schools. However it would be advantageous if students progressing into HE were inclined to be involved in such work).
- Are well motivated and engaged with learning.
- Are reflective in their learning.
- Have a good attendance record.
Applicants must also make a firm acceptance of an offer made to them by the University before the 31 August 2024.
*If you are a former student then you are only eligible to apply if your most recent educational establishment falls in to one of the categories above.
**If you are undertaking/have undertaken an Access to HE Diploma at one of these institutions, you are not eligible for this scholarship. Instead, you are able to apply for the Kent Access to HE Ambition Scholarship. Former students from the University of Kent Academies Trust are not eligible for this scholarship. Instead, you are able to apply for the Kent UKAT Ambition Scholarship.
Please note that KMMS students are not eligible for this scholarship.