SCONUL Access: for academic visitors
Staff and students from most Higher Education institutions in the UK and Ireland can use the Templeman Library as SCONUL Access visitors.
What access will I have?
This depends on your academic status. The following can borrow up to 5 books at a time (not 3 day loans, multimedia material, or journals):
- academic staff
- research students
- taught postgraduates
- part-time, distance-learning, and placement students
Full-time undergraduates can't borrow as SCONUL Access visitors and have reference-only access to the Library. You can get borrower membership for a fee - use the "Member of public" option.
How do I join?
- Register on the SCONUL Access website.
- Print the confirmation email you get from your home institution library.
- Visit the Templeman Library Welcome Desk during staffed hours with:
- a copy of the confirmation email
- your student ID or Library card
- proof of your name, address, and date of birth (acceptable documents are: passport; birth certificate; driving license; ID card; recent (6 months) utility bill, council tax bill, or bank statement)
- a completed SCONUL member access to the Templeman Library form (pdf) - you can get a copy of this from the Welcome Desk.
- We issue you with a library card for the Templeman Library.
- In person: IT & Library Support Desk, Block C, Floor 1, Templeman Library
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 01227 82 4777