The collection consists of:
- photographs, which reflect the full range of Hewlett Johnson's interests and activities, both as a private and public figure
- correspondence with his wide range of contacts at home and abroad
- copies of his writings, both published and unpublished;
- notes for sermons
- diaries of foreign travel kept by his second wife Nowell
- collections of newspaper cuttings
- Canterbury Cathedral Chapter meeting minutes, between September 1936 - December 1939;
- miscellaneous items including posters and other ephemera.
The book collection can be found on Librarysearch.
Collection in brief
Contents: personal papers, books, photographs, postcards, cuttings, notes, meeting minutes
Period: 20th century
Subjects: religion, history, politics, travel