Professor Iain Fraser
Iain Fraser is a Professor of Agri-Environmental Economics. He received his PhD from the University of Manchester in 1992. He has held academic positions in the UK at the University of Manchester, Manchester Metropolitan University and Imperial College. He also lectured in Australia for seven years at La Trobe University. His research interests cover various aspects of agricultural, environmental and resource economics.
Iain is a member of the Centre for European Agri-Environmental Studies and the Microeconomics Research Group.
Iain's current research interests cover various aspects of agricultural, environmental and resource economics. Examples, include agri-environmental economics (the use of contracts, implications of climate change, farmer coordination), non-market valuation (Choice Experiments), the role of information in food consumption and applied econometrics. He has also conducted research on various aspects of biodiversity conservation, natural resource accounting, household waste management and the use of contracts in the Australian wine sector.
Current research projects include:
- UKRI Project - Co-production of healthy, sustainable food systems for disadvantaged communities (2021-2025)
- BEESPOKE (Benefiting Ecosystems through Evaluation of food Supplies for Pollination) - a project funded by the North Sea Region Programme examining crop pollination management (2019-2023)
Recently completed projects include:
- DEFRA - Country of Origin Food Labels
- British Academy - Improving the estimates of attitudes towards risk.
- Food Standards Agency - Understanding Consumer Values
Iain's RePEc page is http://econpapers.repec.org/RAS/pfr98.htm
EC631 Applied Environmental Economics
EC5003 Applied Econometrics
Iain has successfully supervised a number of MSc and PhD students in the School of Economics and DICE.
Current PhD students
- Sospeter Kiambi (Registered 2020 - PhD - DICE)
- Telma Yamou (Registered 2019 - PhD - Economics)
- Robbie Blackhall-Miles (Submitted - MPhil - DICE)
- Iain is a member of Durrell Institute for Conservation and Ecology (DICE) at the University of Kent
- Member of DEFRA's Economic Advisory Panel
- Editor-in-chief of Q Open: A journal of agricultural, climate, environmental, food, resource and rural development economics
- Former editor of the European Review of Agricultural Economics (2012-2017)