EC580 Introduction to Econometrics
EC581 Introduction to Time Series Econometrics
OverviewThis module introduces students to monetary and macroeconomic issues from a theoretical perspective. The following topics are considered:
This module appears in:
This module is an elective on all Single and Joint Honours degree programmes in Economics.
This module is not available to students across other degree programmes in the University.
Method of assessment
In Course Test, (45 minutes) (20%)
Examination, 2 hours (80%)
Bénassy, Jean-Pascal. (2011) Macroeconomic Theory. Oxford University Press.
Jones, C. (2015) Macroeconomics (International Edition), Norton
Mishkin, F. (2016), The Economics of Money, Banking and Financial Markets (11th Global Edition), Pearson.
By the end of the module, you will be able to:
* understand, analyse and critically evaluate monetary and macroeconomic issues.
* understand the issues involved in developing a modern, effective framework for conducting macroeconomic policy.
* synthesise and critically compare different economic analyses of a macroeconomic issue.
* distinguish between structural and reduced form modelling in macroeconomics.
* demonstrate critical understanding of the role of assumptions in macro and monetary modelling.