Full-time applicants from the UK and Ireland
At Kent we welcome applications after the main UCAS deadline and will accept applications for many courses until 30 June 2024.
You can apply via UCAS until 30 June, or via UCAS Extra if you have already made an application but aren't holding any offers.
Eligible applications received after this date will be entered into Clearing.
International students can apply through UCAS or directly to Kent. Please note, you should only make an application on our website if:
- You are NOT from the UK or Ireland.
- You do NOT pay home fee (i.e. you pay international or special EU fee)
- You have never used UCAS AND you do not intend to use UCAS in the future
Application timeline for 2024 entry
- From September 2023 - Applications can be submitted to UCAS
- 16 October 2023 - Deadline for applications to Oxford and Cambridge universities and for most medicine, veterinary, and dentistry courses.
- 31 January 2024 - Deadline for most other undergraduate university applications.
- 28 February 2024 - UCAS Extra opens for any applicants who received no offers, or who rejected all their offers.
- 6 June 2024 - Reply to offers if you’ve received your decisions 16 May 2024.
- 30 June 2024 - Applications received after 6pm will automatically be entered into Clearing.
- 4 July 2024 - Last date to add a UCAS Extra choice.
- 5 July 2024 - Clearing 2024 opens.
- 24 July 2024 – Reply to offers if you get all your decisions by 17 July 2024.
- 21 September 2024 - Final date for 2024 UCAS undergraduate applications.
- 17 October 2024 - Clearing 2024 closes.
Part-time students should apply directly to the University, not through UCAS. There is no fixed closing date but you should apply as soon as possible.
Look up your course using our course finder, click the ‘Apply’ button and then click ‘apply online’ under ‘part-time applicants’.
What are the entry requirements?
Kent accepts a wide range of qualifications, and we always try to judge applications on the basis of academic potential. See our entry requirements page for more information.
What do I need to know?
You need to know the UCAS code for the degree programme you want to study. These are all listed in our courses A-Z.
Our UCAS institution code is K24 and our code name is KENT.
When will I hear about my application?
We make a decision on your application as soon as possible. This will be confirmed via UCAS. You can enquire about your application by contacting the Recruitment and Admissions Office through the KentVision application portal. You can also check the status of your application via the UCAS website.
You must satisfy the conditions of your offer by 31 August (of the year of entry). The University may withdraw offers not confirmed by this date.
We make a decision on your application as soon as possible. This will be confirmed via the KentVision portal – you will receive an email letting you know of any change to your application. You can enquire about your application by contacting the Recruitment and Admissions Office through the KentVision application portal.
Will I be interviewed?
Most programmes do not require you to attend an interview. See the entry requirements tab on the programme page to find out if an interview is required as part of the selection process.
Is deferred entry available?
Kent accepts applications more than 12 months before the date of admission, but this does not guarantee that requests for deferral will be approved. The maximum period allowed for deferral is one academic year.
If you are applying for deferred entry, you must state this on your UCAS application. It is also advisable to give some indication of how you will spend the intervening year, ie travelling, voluntary work or paid work.
When should full-time applicants apply for deferred entry?
We will consider applications for deferred entry in 2025 on the same basis as those for entry in 2024. You should apply in the usual way during 2024/25 and you are expected to meet the conditions of an offer by the summer of 2024.
What happens next?
Received an offer from Kent? Head to our applicants site to book a visit, apply for accommodation and find out what funding is available so you can focus on your studies and get ready to join us in September.