Students with disabilities

Applicants with disabilities and/or complex personal care needs who require University accommodation are advised in the first instance to contact the University Student Support and Wellbeing service at your earliest opportunity.

A visit to the University can then be arranged so that your individual learning and living needs can be accurately identified. The University will make any necessary reasonable adjustments to the accommodation for you and assist with arranging any outside agency support if required.

At Canterbury, ground floor rooms with good access, which are suitable for students with mobility issues and wheelchair users are located in Turing, Keynes, and Woolf College, in Tyler Court (Blocks A, B and C) and Kemsdale Court in Park Wood.

Where a student requires medical or other personal equipment to be available within their accommodation, the student would be required to pay for such equipment.

If you need a resident personal carer, the University can provide a room on campus. You will need to ensure the cost of the carer's room can be met. Home fee paying students may be able to reclaim the cost of the carer's accommodation from their home area Social Services Department. Students wishing to request financial support from their Social Services Department must ensure that, following a community assessment, the 'Care Plan' recommends the provision of a personal assistant or carer.

Accessible toilet facilities and vehicle parking spaces for students with disabilities are available throughout the campus.





Accommodation, University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent

Enquiries: +44 (0)1227 766660 or Contact us

Last Updated: 30/04/2019