Arrivals (Medway)

Welcome to the Medway campus! Here’s everything you need to know about getting here, registration and moving into your accommodation.

Documents to bring

All undergraduate and postgraduate students living in Pier Quays: You'll need your ID documents and proof of qualifications (if required). 

Undergraduate students: You'll also need your University and College Payment Advice letter from Student Finance England. 

International students: You'll also need your visa documents.

Moving in to your accommodation

Your first few weeks at university is one of the most exciting times of your life. Read our guidance on planning your journey and what to expect when you arrive at the Medway campus.


You must be registered to become a member of the University. In order to be registered, you must have already enrolled online. Look out for your 'How to enrol' email in your applicant portal in-tray.

Registration will take place remotely. You don’t need to do anything further once you’ve completed your enrolment – we’ll let you know by email when your registration is complete and you are officially registered as a University of Kent student. We’ll also let you know how you will receive your KentOne student ID card.

Registration deadline

You must ensure you completed the enrolment tasks as soon as possible. By completing these tasks, we will be able to process your registration remotely for you. 

Failure to complete these tasks by 10.00 on Monday 17 October 2022 may result in you not becoming a registered student. Please note some Divisions have earlier deadlines, please contact them for further information.

Online Module Registration

Some students will need to choose the modules they would like to study in stage 1. You can start to look at the modules on offer to you now by viewing our subject requirements

Qualifications checks

You may be required to bring evidence of your previous qualifications with you to the University. You will be notified via the enrolment process if this applies to you. This does not apply to undergraduate students whose results are sent directly to the University by the UK examination boards.


If you do not have original documents please ensure you obtain these from the relevant bodies prior to your arrival at the University. If, for any reason, you are unable to provide proof of entrance qualifications, you must contact the Recruitment and Admissions Office immediately via your applicant portal.

We reserve the right to cancel an offer of a place to any student who does not provide evidence of qualifications obtained, either in the form of an officially certified photocopy acceptable to Kent or an original certificate produced if requested.

International students

You will need to have your immigration status and ID documents checked by the Student Immigration Compliance Team. 

If you are travelling from overseas and need to collect a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP), this will be done on an appointment only basis once we have notified you that we have received your BRP. To collect your BRP, you must bring your passport and Home Office Visa decision letter for verification checks. Should these arrangements change, we will notify you of the process.

Last updated