The University International Partnerships Office aims to provide Kent staff with information about how to establish non-collaborative international partnerships.
These partnerships are defined as:
- Non-Erasmus European and International Exchange
- Incoming only Study Abroad Agreements
- Erasmus+ Inter-institutional Agreements
- Progression Agreements not involving advanced standing
- Formal Overseas Staff Exchange Agreements (Non-Erasmus)
- Memoranda of Understanding
Oversight of funding applications under the European Commission Education and Training funding programmes
Further guidance regarding establishing new collaborative partnerships is available in the Collaborative Provision: Policies and Procedures: Part I
International Partnership Updates
In accordance with Part 1 of the Collaborative Provision: Policies and Procedures potential new international partner organisations are subject to a form of institutional approval. This process includes completion of a process of due diligence and consideration and approval of the partner organisation/institution by the International Partnerships Approval Panel. Approval will then be recommended to the relevant Board (Education Board for Undergraduate partnerships, Graduate School Board for Postgraduate partnerships. (For UG partnerships, the submission will be scrutinised by ASQC on behalf of Education Board prior to Education Board. ASQC will then recommend approval to Education Board). (Please see Appendix A: Typology of Partnerships and Related Approval Processes for full details (found within the Collaborative Provision Policies and Procedures Part 1 webpage).
These approvals are reported to the Executive Group on a termly basis.
For further information regarding the partnerships detailed in these reports please contact one of the following:
- Hannah McNorton (H.A.McNorton@kent.ac.uk) Director of International Partnerships
- Primrose Paskins (email@example.com) Senior International Partnerships Officer with responsibility for non-collaborative partnerships. Secretary to International Partnerships Approval Panel and Global Engagement Board.
- Tina Hagger (T.J.Hagger@kent.ac.uk) Quality Officer: New Collaborative Provision, Quality Assurance Office