Terms and conditions of study
To enrol onto a Study Plus module you must be a fully registered university of Kent student with a university of Kent SDS record. If you are an adjunct member of the university or a visiting training fellow then you must email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask about your eligibility.
Before you sign up for a Study Plus course
As a student committing to take a Study Plus course, you should take the following steps before signing up to join a session or a series of sessions:
- Consult the course details provided on the 'Courses' page of this website and only sign up for a course that you can manage, both in terms of timetabling and workload. Make sure that you are aware if there is any homework required.
- Consider your workload for your main programme of study. This should be your main priority - be sure not to take on other commitments if you feel your main studies might suffer.
- Be sure not to sign up for a course if you feel you may not be able to attend all sessions.
- If you wish to withdraw from a Study Plus course which you have signed up for, you must do so in advance of the course start date by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Add the scheduling details of your Study Plus Course to your diary and make a note so that you remember when the sessions will take place.
- If you're not sure if any particular course would suit you, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details or contact the providing department or school, who may be able to give you a more detailed response.
- Please note, we reserve the right to withdraw (without notice) any student who is not attending.
Please note: we will cancel a course if not enough students sign up for it. If you sign up for a course which is cancelled due to lack of numbers, we will notify you at least one day before the first session is due.
Certificates and Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR)
We provide certificates of attendance on demand and Study Plus courses can be shown on your HEAR, which you will receive when you graduate. You must attend a minimum of 66% of the sessions in order to qualify for a certificate or for the course to be shown on your HEAR.