Student Services CARE Awards
Celebrating Achievement, Recognising Excellence
As part of Student Services ongoing commitment to its staff, a new reward and recognition scheme has been launched.
The scheme aims to celebrate achievement and recognise staff excellence in four distinct areas and reward staff members who embody the values of Student Services, going above and beyond in their day to day work.
The results of the CARE Awards 2018 were announced at the Student Services all staff meeting in June 2018. Read about the winners and highly commended members of staff here.
Please note that the CARE Awards are an internal only scheme. All staff members currently employed by Student Services on full, part-time or sessional contracts are eligible to be nominated for an award by their colleagues in Student Services.
Information about the five categories can be found below:
Empowerment and Innovation Award
This Award recognises an individual who has demonstrated innovation or has empowered others. Examples could be:
- Developed and implemented a new project, system, policy or procedure
- Improved a service
- Supported another member of staff to realise their potential
Student Focussed Award
This Award recognises an individual who has gone above and beyond in their efforts to support students at the University of Kent. Examples could include:
- Introduced an initiative that has benefitted students
- Has actively supported and recognised the diversity within the student body through words, actions or initiatives.
- Enabled and supported a student or group of students to reach their full potential.
This Award recognises an individual who actively collaborates with other individual(s) on a project or initiative for the benefit of others. Examples could include:
- Has developed a strategic approach to partnership working
- Has used effective partnership working to affect change or improvements to a service, practice, procedure or policy
- Has led and collaborated with other Departments or individuals on an initiative
Spirit of Student Services Award
This Award recognises an individual who embodies the values of the Student Services department consistently in their working life. These values include, but are not limited to:
- Is a team player
- Actively supports and values the diversity of our staff body through words, actions or initiative
- Actively seeks and shares best practice
- Values everyone
- Communicates well with students, stakeholders and colleagues
- Is approachable
- Is trustworthy
- Is open to overcoming challenges
- Has an excellent work ethic
- Is flexible and adaptable
- Is professional
- Listens to others
Team Excellence Award *NEW for 2018*
This Award recognizes outstanding teamwork. The award promotes the spirit of teamwork either within an area of a Department, or on a specific project or initiative, led by Student Services staff members. The size of the team does not matter. The team could be an established service team, or a group of individuals from one area, or different areas within Student Services who have worked collaboratively on a project or initiative.
A team could have:
- Demonstrated outstanding performances and results due to group achievement
- Delivered a project on time despite difficulties
- Continuously delivered an outstanding student experience
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and openness to change
- Enhanced the reputation of Student Services either within the University of Kent, locally or nationally