Partner Colleges

These pages are to help students studying University of Kent qualifications at our Partner Colleges (Canterbury College and Ashford College). You will find answers here to questions relating to your registration with the University and the services you can access.

Welcome to our world

Please view our welcome pages.

Student ID card

If your KentOne student ID card is lost, stolen or expired, please request a new card, ensuring that you use the Medway links.

Change of personal information

Please contact with the following information:

  • Name
  • Student number  
  • Email address
  • College and course


The University of Kent offers two libraries; Medway's Drill Hall Library and Canterbury's Templeman Library.

Please be aware that the level of access you are entitled to depends on the programme you study. Check with your college for more information.  

My Results

At the end of each year, samples of work from your course are considered by a meeting of the Board of Examiners for your course. The Board is made up of all those who have taught you on your course, an external examiner appointed by the University of Kent and representatives of the University. The external examiner is there to ensure that the work produced by you and the other students on your course has been marked consistently and fairly and the work is at a standard commensurate with other similar course taught at other Universities in the UK. The Board of Examiners is also responsible for confirming any concessionary action taken to allow for factors which may have affected your performance on you course eg serious illness, death of a family member.

All marks for your work are provisional until after the Board of Examiners have met and their decisions have been confirmed by the relevant Director of Division at the University of Kent. Once this has happened, you will be notified by your College of the outcome. If you have passed, you will receive a transcript of your marks and confirmation that you have achieved your qualification if you are a final year student or, for other years, that you can progress to the next stage of your course. This usually takes two weeks from the date of the Board of Examiners but can take longer under certain circumstances.

If you have not achieved the required standard in one or more elements of your course, your College will write to you to tell you what you need to do to resit or repeat the course.

Students who are studying on franchised programmes and have a University of Kent login can view their results online by logging onto KentVision and clicking on the 'My Marks & Results' tile.


Graduation for our Partner College students is in November at the Canterbury Cathedral or Rochester Cathedral, depending on which college you attend.

Further information can be found on our Congregations pages.

Complaints and Appeals

If you are unhappy with any aspect of your course, you have a right to make a formal complaint. Normally students are expected to make every effort to resolve problems with their teachers and the College but sometimes it is not possible to do this.

If your compliant relates to a service offered by the College, you will need to follow the complaints procedure of the College who are responsible for resolving these complaints without recourse to the University.

If you complaint relates to an academic issue, eg the quality of teaching on your course, you will need to follow the complaints procedure of your College in the first instance. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint and have exhausted the College complaints procedure, you have a further right of appeal to the University. Please view our pages on student complaints.

If you are unhappy with your assessment results you can appeal.  

Last updated