Tuesday 1 August 2023, 23:59 BST
- For students who have completed a Foundation course at Kent with International Programmes and are progressing onto an undergraduate degree at the University in September 2023
- Paid in three equal termly instalments into the successful candidates' bank accounts
- Open to all 2022-23 Foundation Year and International Foundation Programme (IFP) students from International Programmes only (applicants must have studied the module FOUN0036 during the 2022-23 academic year)
- Scholarships will be awarded based on a combination of student’s final academic grades, attendance and engagement on the Foundation Year/IFP, tutor references, and the strength of applicant’s essay
- Successful applicants will be required to attend a presentation for 2023-24 foundation students during the spring term and commit to writing at least one blog post for International Programmes about their experience as a first year after completing the Foundation Year/IFP. Applicants may also be asked to submit a student testimonial to appear on the University of Kent website.
This scholarship is available for current Foundation Students studying within the International Programmes department only
International Programmes has developed a range of scholarships to support our foundation students when progressing onto undergraduate study. These awards are part of Kent’s efforts to support excellence in academia and to reward student’s efforts in transitioning onto a degree via a foundation year. They are designed to help students to focus on their progression in the knowledge that excellent attendance and engagement throughout the Foundation Year/IFP will be rewarded alongside academic achievement.
These scholarships provide a £3,750 cash payment (via bank transfer), payable in three lump sums across the 2023-24 academic year. A total of 8 awards will be available under this scheme for entry in September 2023.
How to apply
Applications for the Foundation Programme Progression scholarship should be made directly to International Programmes via email@example.com.
You will need to have received a formal offer for your programme or have completed a Foundation Year as part of a four year degree in KBS, POLIR, Economics or KLS in order to submit a scholarship application.
In order to apply for this scholarship, you will need to submit the following documents:
- 500 Word Statement: “Please explain why you wish to continue your studies at the University of Kent and how the Foundation Year/IFP has helped you towards this goal.” Please attach your statement in Word or pdf format to your email, which must be sent using your University of Kent account. Please also include your current student ID as a part of your statement.
- Eligible applicants will be shortlisted based on academic achievement, their attendance and engagement on the Foundation Year/IFP and the strength of their statement.
- Final decisions will also take into account attendance records and statements submitted to the panel regarding applicants engagement during the 2022-23 academic year.
This scholarship is subject to University of Kent Terms and Conditions which will be provided to successful candidates at the point of award. If you have any queries, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.