Jane graduated from the University of Warwick with a BSc in Applied Mathematics and then embarked on her career as a Chartered Accountant with the London-based audit firm Clark Whitehill, obtaining her ACA qualification in 1998. She then spent 6 years in the Financial Services sector, working for Woolwich plc in accounting policy and financial reporting roles and on projects connected to the acquisition of Woolwich plc by Barclays plc. Jane’s move into the Higher Education sector followed in 2004 when she took on the role as Deputy Director of Finance here at Kent.
The following Finance Department heads support Jane in her role:
- Deputy Director of Finance - Frank Richardson
- Assistant Director of Finance (Treasury and Systems) - Neil Oliver
- Assistant Director of Finance (Financial Reporting and Taxation) - Melanie Nye
- Head of Student Financial Services - Odette Collard-Woolmer
- Head of Risk and Financial Compliance - Gordon Vernon
- Head of Financial Reporting - Garry Beesley
- Head of Procurement - Mark Reed
Jane joined the University in 2004 as Deputy Director of Finance and was subsequently appointed to the role of Director of Finance in 2009. Her responsibilities include Finance, Risk Management, Value for Money and Internal Audit. Jane is also the Equality and Diversity champion  for Pregnancy and Maternity.