Become a Friend
The Centre for Medieval and Early Modern Studies at the University of Kent is a friendly place and it would like to have even more friends. Why not join us? The Friends have three objectives: learning, supporting students and having fun. Things Friends can do include:
- Attend postgraduate seminars and conferences at the Centre on a wide variety of topics, often with visiting speakers
- Learn about external conferences, seminars and exhibitions
- Go on excursions to exhibitions and other visits with the postgraduate students
- Attend study days organised especially for the Friends
- Support a student financially
- Enjoy social events
Membership is open to anyone with an interest in the period as well as all current members of the University of Kent. MEMS’ Friends is free to current members of the university. A minimum annual donation of £10 is suggested for others, with ALL of the proceeds used to fund bursaries. UK tax payers are invited to sign a Gift aid form for donations, and matched funding is available from the University of Kent for the bursaries.
How to join
To join, please download a membership form, complete and return, with a cheque or postal order, to the Centre. Your can also support MEMS Friends by making a single direct debit donation, or by making a single gift online by debit or credit card.
Although the main object of the Friends of MEMS is to raise funds for bursaries that is closely followed by providing an opportunity for Friends to join in a wide range of activities together with MEMS students and, lastly but by no means least, joining with like-minded people to have fun! Do come along to an event and see for yourself.