at our Open Days
University of Kent resources
Kent’s Templeman Library holds an impressive stock of scholarly editions, monographs and journals, and the Special Collections section includes a significant number of facsimile manuscripts. Our catalogue LibrarySearch is simple to use, making it easy for you to access our materials.
Items relevant to our students include:
- the Pre-1700s collection – contains religious texts, plays and contemporary literature: including first editions of works by Beaumont and Fletcher, Ben Jonson and a second edition of Holinshed’s Chronicles
- the Classified Sequence – has many Victorian editions of medieval and early modern texts, allowing researchers to see how works were edited and published to 19th-century audiences
- the Local History collection – contains guidebooks relating to the Kent and Canterbury locales and includes a small number of 16th-century tracts
- the John Crow collection – explores the works of Shakespeare and other early modern dramatists
- the Maddison Collection – charts the development of science disciplines (particularly Chemistry and Physics) from the 15th century to the present day.