Dr Rowena Paget
Deputy Director (People), Division of Computing, Engineering and Mathematical Sciences
Senior Lecturer in Pure Mathematics
Rowena is the School's Equality and Diversity Coordinator and serves on the School's EDI Committee.
She joined SMSAS as a lecturer in 2006, having previously worked as a post-doctoral researcher at the University of Leicester and as a college lecturer at the University of Oxford. Her DPhil was in the area of representation theory of symmetric groups at Oxford, under the supervision of Karin Erdmann. Before that she was an undergraduate at Somerville College, Oxford.
- Representation theory of groups and algebras, especially symmetric groups
- Brauer algebras and other diagram algebras, with a particular interest in plethysm and Foulkes’ Conjecture.
- Homological algebra
- Algebraic combinatorics
- Reuben Green (MSc by research: The cellular structure of wreath product algebras, 2015, and currently writing his PhD)
- Mark Colligan (PhD: Some topics in the representation theory of Brauer algebras, 2012)
- Melanie de Boeck (PhD: On the structure of Foulkes’ modules for the symmetric group, 2015)
- Claire Pollard (MSc by research, Foulkes’ Conjecture: current state and computations, 2008)
Strong candidates with an interest in the representation theory of symmetric groups or related algebras should contact me by email to discuss possible projects.
- PGCHE, 2008, University of Kent
- External examiner for Birkbeck (MSc in Mathematics), from 2017
- PhD external examiner (at Oxford, Leeds)
- Athena SWAN panellist
- Member of the LMS
- Outreach: Ri Primary Masterclasses