Gerry's research interests are
- Military Law
- Criminal Law and Evidence
- Relationship between Law and Modern Social, Economic, Political and Military History
- History of Criminal Justice in the 19th and 20th Centuries
Most recent major research projects
1. Inter-war criminal justice in the UK
2. Analyses of certain UK inter-war murder causes célèbres espicially the "Blazing Car Mystery and A A Rouse, 1930-31"
3. British Legal Administration of Occupied Germany, 1945-50.
Also view these in the Kent Academic Repository
Teaching and Supervision
Teaching interests in Criminal Law and Law of Evidence, and History of Criminal Justice and Murder Cause Celebres.
Gerry is happy to supervise in the areas of research interests.
Other Academic Activities
- Formerly Law and History Review (US): on Editorial Advisory Board.
- UK Group International Society for Military Law and Law of War