Scholarships and funding
Kent offers a generous range of scholarships for international students to help with student fees and costs. Please use the buttons on the right to search for Kent scholarships, and for other sources of funding offered by external institutions, including the British Council.
We encourage you to research the scholarship and funding opportunities available, both at home and abroad, and to take care in your scholarship applications. Please remember that most scholarship applications will have early deadlines, so apply as soon as possible.
Scholarship application tips
- Research scholarships early: The more time you put into a scholarship search, the more options you’ll find. Research scholarships, request information and application materials, and complete applications before deadline. All these take time, so begin a year before you intend to start your course.
- Read eligibility requirements: Contact the scholarship providers if you are not sure of your eligibility.
- Organise your portfolio: Keep your key documents handy. These may include:
- Essays of intent or a personal statement
- Letters of recommendation or references
- Proof of eligibility
- Test scores and certificates
- Parental financial information, including tax returns
- You may also need to attend a personal interview
- Proofread your application: It is important to use correct spelling and grammar in all applications. Take time to re-read your application, make sure that you have completed all the sections required, and perhaps ask a teacher to help. Remember to sign and date your application and make sure that you refer to the name of the scholarship provider correctly and consistently.
- Follow instructions: Stick to word limits and only send requested documents, or your application may be penalised.
- Write clearly or print
- Make copies: If you need to post your application, make copies in case it gets lost in the post or delayed. Consider using registered mail and sending your application well in advance of the deadline.