Kent International Foundation Programme (IFP)
- The University has been awarded a gold rating, the highest, in the UK Government's Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
- Winner of the Outstanding Support for Students award at the 2018 Times Higher Education (THE) Awards
- The University’s original parkland campus overlooks the historic city of Canterbury. With over 16,600 students and 158 nationalities represented, the campus has a vibrant, cosmopolitan atmosphere
- Winner of the Student Accommodation Team of the Year (Universities) Award at the Property Week Student Accommodation Conference in December 2017 (Accommodation Office)
COVID-19 update: our September-start IFP 2020-2021 will run online and our aim is to also offer the programme in-person. Highlights below, details on our Online IFP page; join one of our information sessions for more details.:
- The in-person September 2020 IFP will run only if it safe to do so and fits within UK government guidelines.The online and in-person September 2020 IFP will follow the same term dates outlined below.
- Students will have the following four options available to them:
- Complete the whole course in person,
- Complete the whole course online,
- Complete term 01 online September to December 2020 and then join the in-person delivery in January 2021,
- Opt to join the February-start IFP instead.
- The online course will cover the same modules and learning outcomes and lead to all available degree programmes except those requiring the BI308 Skills for Bioscientist module (Biochemistry, Biology, Biomedical Sciences) as the practical lab-based element will not be delivered online.
- Students will be full University of Kent students, with the full range of induction and support events available to them, and access to all virtual learning and support resources and services.
- If you are applying to join the September 2020 IFP please clearly indicate whether this is for online or in-person delivery in the 'Reasons for Study' (personal statement) section of your application.
Based on the Canterbury campus and online, our International Foundation Programme (IFP) is a 1-year full-time course designed to prepare you for undergraduate study in the UK and give you the best start possible. Our Autumn IFP runs over three terms and starts in September. We also offer an accelerated Spring IFP for selected programmes starting in February.We offer guaranteed progression to over 300 degree programmes at Kent including Business and Economics, Law, Architecture, Politics & International Relations, and Psychology providing you meet the necessary progression requirements.
Join one of our information sessions for more details.
|Spring start IFP|
|Welcome week||28 January - 01 February 2020|
|Spring term||03 February - 10 April 2020|
|Summer term||27 April - 03 July 2020|
|Summer examination term||06 July - 31 July 2020|
|Autumn start IFP|
|Welcome week||21 September - 25 September 2020|
|Autumn term||28 September - 18 December 2020|
|Spring term||18 January - 09 April 2021|
|Summer examination term||10 May - 18 June 2021|
Register your interest