Sparked Echo is a Grass-Roots organisation based in Chatham who deliver digital and site-specific work, using technology, music and art to connect with communities.
Co-director Kevin Grist is a digital composer working with experimental music and recorded sound as a tool to tell contemporary stories.
Creating the future
For Kent’s Employability Festival, Kevin talked about his journey from freelancer to festival director and more:
- His career story forged before and after his degree in Music Production, from Brighton to Medway.
- Why and how he set up not-for-profit arts company SparkedEcho and ended up directing a digital festival in North Kent.
- How to get a ‘foot in the door,’ and what he looks for when hiring other creatives.
- Why you shouldn’t be afraid of ‘creating future’ trends and ‘taking risks’ in the fields of art and immersive tech.
- The ingredients of sustaining a successful creative career
Kent students can watch the recorded event here.