What do I need to do?
To complete the GSA programme you must:
- complete an online personal skills assessment at the beginning of the programme
- attend a minimum of three GSA workshops. Our online booking system provides full details of the training workshops available
- attend a minimum of three lectures on global issues which take place between 6pm and 7.30pm from October to March. Details of the lecture programme are available on the online booking system
- comply with the Terms of Engagement as outlined at the introductory lecture as part of the employability festival
- complete a final evaluation at the end of the programme.
If you successfully obtain the GSA, you will be invited to the award ceremony in the summer.
The table below shows the number of lectures and workshops you need to attend in order to gain a specific level of award:
Which workshops can I attend?
Our online booking system provides full details of the workshops on offer. You can also use the booking system or view our events calendar to see when workshops are taking place. There are a variety of workshops on offer, which include:
Leadership: rising to the challenge
|1:1 CV review||
Motivating myself - motivating others
|Mock assessment centre||
Your Master's programme should be your priority and the GSA should be organised around your Master's work commitments. Under no circumstances should you miss scheduled seminars to attend GSA workshops.
How do I apply?
You can enrol onto GSA from welcome week, using the online booking system. To register you will need to know your Kent user ID (first part of your Kent email address) and your Kent password.
We will contact all eligible students to inform you when enrolment has begun. If you register with the online booking system before welcome week you will be able to change your account and enrol onto the GSA after this date.