What do I need to do?
To complete the GSA programme you must:
- complete an online personal skills assessment at the beginning of the programme
- attend a minimum of three GSA workshops. Our online booking system provides full details of the training workshops available
- attend a minimum of three lectures on global issues. Details of the lecture programme are available on the online booking system
- comply with the Terms of Engagement as outlined at the introductory lecture as part of the employability festival
- complete a final evaluation at the end of the programme.
If you successfully obtain the GSA, you will be invited to the award ceremony in the summer.
You are welcome to attend as many workshops and lectures as you wish. However, should you be wishing to receive an award for the programme you will need to attend the relevant number of lectures and workshops shown in the below table:
Which workshops can I attend?
Our online booking system provides full details of the workshops on offer. You can also use the booking system or view our events calendar to see when workshops are taking place. There are a variety of workshops on offer, which include:
Leadership: rising to the challenge
|1:1 CV review||
Motivating myself - motivating others
|Mock assessment centre||
Your Master's programme should be your priority and the GSA should be organised around your Master's work commitments. Under no circumstances should you miss scheduled seminars to attend GSA workshops.
How do I apply?
You can enrol onto GSA from welcome week, using the online booking system. To register you will need to know your Kent user ID (first part of your Kent email address) and your Kent password.
Once registered with the booking system you should look at the Pathways section of the booking system and then enrol onto the pathway.
We will contact all eligible students to inform you when enrolment has begun.