Junior Year Abroad (JYA) English PLUS
Why choose JYA English PLUS?
- Dedicated programme for non-native speakers
- A choice of end dates
- General and academic orientation with Kent’s new degree students
- Taught on the Canterbury campus - a safe, self-contained environment with everything you need for a good academic and social life
The programme is offered in two different lengths: a full year (from April to April) or part year (from April to December). After your first 17 weeks of English language study we assess your language skills. This helps to determine which modules you should follow.
- We normally require a GPA of 3.0 or above (out of 4.0) or equivalent. However, each application is considered on an individual basis.
- IELTS: An overall score of of 4.5–6.0 with at least 4.5 in Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking. Please note that from 6th April 2015 you need to take the IELTS at a UKVI accredited centre. The correct test is called UKVI Academic IELTS.
For full details, please see the JYA English PLUS pages on the University's International Pathways website.
The University has everything that a student is looking for - a beautiful campus, quality education and a friendly atmosphere. I took the JYA English PLUS programme and it was ideal for me.
JYA English PLUS
Start date: April
Finish date: December (part-year) or April the following year (full-year)
- Recognised qualification from University of Kent
- Improved English language skills
- Experience of living in the UK
- Head-start with job-hunting
- Friends from around the world